OSBA Delegate Assembly
View the Annual Business Meeting of the OSBA Delegate Assembly, held virtually on Thursday, Oct. 29 at 6:30 p.m.
Each member board of education shall be entitled to appoint one of its members as a delegate to the annual business meeting, or other called meeting, with power to vote. These appointees comprise the body known as the OSBA Delegate Assembly and must be present to vote. The Delegate Handbook was mailed to delegates whose credentials were received by Oct. 9.
Tips for participating in the OSBA Delegate Assembly
- Watch the Business Meeting Briefing if you were unable to attend.
- Download a PDF of the Delegate Handbook.
- Review the video of how to raise your hand during the meeting, how to be recognized and how to ask a question. You also can download and print a Zoom guide for the Delegate Assembly and refer to during the meeting
- Log in information will be emailed to delegates on Oct. 23. Check that you receive the log in information. Contact OSBA if you do not receive the log in information.
- If the delegate cannot serve on Oct. 29, the delegate should contact Susie Cinadr (firstname.lastname@example.org) at (614) 540-4000 by Oct. 26 so that the alternate can receive the log-in information.
- Ensure you have a secure internet connection for the meeting.
Process to appoint a delegate
- Schedule the appointment of a delegate (and alternate) on the board agenda at the earliest possible time.
- The delegate must be a current board member. (Superintendents and treasurers are not eligible.)
- The delegate may represent only one board. (This applies to JVSD board members.)
- Upon appointment of a delegate, please complete the credentials form (Word or PDF) and have it signed by the delegate, alternate and treasurer.
- Mail or email the completed form to Brendan Swartz (email@example.com) at OSBA by Oct. 9. You also should keep a copy for your file.
- The Delegate Handbook will be mailed directly to your delegate in October. Note: We must receive your delegate form by Oct. 9 to mail the delegate book. If the form is received after Oct. 9, the delegate can download the notebook from the OSBA Capital Conference website.
- In the event your delegate cannot serve in October, the delegate should contact Susie Cinadr (firstname.lastname@example.org) at (614) 540-4000 by Oct. 26 so that the alternate can receive the log-in information.
- The Briefing for the Annual Business Meeting of the OSBA Delegate Assembly will be held on Thursday, Oct. 22, at 6:30 p.m. The briefing will provide an overview of the issues being presented at the Virtual Annual Business Meeting, along with an orientation session on the new format for all delegates.
- Log-in information for the Oct. 22 Business Meeting Briefing will be emailed to you on Oct. 19. Note that this log-in information will only apply to the Oct. 22 Business Meeting Briefing. The log-in information for the Oct. 29 OSBA Delegate Assembly will be emailed to you on Oct. 23.
- The Annual Business Meeting will be held remotely on Thursday, Oct. 29 at 6:30 p.m. Log-in information and credentials for the Delegate Assembly will be emailed to the delegate on October 23.
Registering for the Delegate Assembly
Returning the delegate credentials to Brendan Swartz (email@example.com) ensures your delegate is registered for the OSBA Delegate Assembly, which will be held on Oct. 29. Log in information for the Oct. 22 Business Meeting Briefing and the Oct. 29 OSBA Delegate Assembly will be emailed to delegates in the days preceding the events. Note that the delegates do not have to be registered for the OSBA Capital Conference to attend the OSBA Delegate Assembly on Oct. 29. But, if a delegate wants to attend the OSBA Capital Conference, he or she must be registered for the conference.
The 2020 Official Business materials was sent to members in late September. The materials include the OSBA Legislative Platform with recommended amendments by the Legislative Platform Committee; proposed rules for the 2020 Annual Business Meeting; and a report on the OSBA Legislative Platform Committee meeting held Aug. 1, 2020. All members are encouraged to review these materials in preparation for the Annual Business Meeting. A briefing on the proposed amendments to the platform will be held in a virtual meeting on Thursday, Oct. 22, at 6:30 p.m.
If you have questions on the materials or proposed changes, contact Renee Gibson at (614) 540-4000 or (800) 589-OSBA.