OSBA Delegate Assembly
The Annual Business Meeting of the OSBA Delegate Assembly will be held virtually on Thursday, Oct. 29 at 6:30 p.m.
Each member board of education shall be entitled to appoint one of its members as a delegate to the annual business meeting, or other called meeting, with power to vote. These appointees comprise the body known as the OSBA Delegate Assembly and must be present to vote. The Delegate Handbook will be sent to delegates in early October.
Process to appoint a delegate
- Schedule the appointment of a delegate (and alternate) on the board agenda at the earliest possible time.
- The delegate must be a current board member. (Superintendents and treasurers are not eligible.)
- The delegate may represent only one board. (This applies to JVSD board members.)
- Upon appointment of a delegate, please complete the credentials form (Word or PDF) and have it signed by the delegate, alternate and treasurer.
- Mail or email the completed form to Brendan Swartz (email@example.com) at OSBA by Oct. 9. You also should keep a copy for your file.
- The delegate notebook will be mailed directly to your delegate in October. Note: We must receive your delegate form by Oct. 9 to mail the delegate book. If the form is received after Oct. 9, the delegate can download the notebook from the OSBA Capital Conference website.
- In the event your delegate cannot serve in October, the delegate should contact Susie Cinadr (firstname.lastname@example.org) at (614) 540-4000 by Oct. 26 so that the alternate can receive the log-in information.
- The Briefing for the Annual Business Meeting of the OSBA Delegate Assembly will be held on Thursday, Oct. 22, at 6:30 p.m. The briefing will provide an overview of the issues being presented at the Virtual Annual Business Meeting, along with an orientation session on the new format for all delegates. The briefing will be live-streamed through OSBA’s Facebook page.
- Log-in information and credentials for the Delegate Assembly will be emailed to the delegate on October 23.
- The Virtual Annual Business Meeting will be held on Thursday, Oct. 29 at 6:30 p.m.
The 2020 Official Business materials will be sent to members in late September. The materials include the OSBA Legislative Platform with recommended amendments by the Legislative Platform Committee; proposed rules for the 2020 Annual Business Meeting; and a report on the OSBA Legislative Platform Committee meeting held Aug. 1, 2020. All members are encouraged to review these materials in preparation for the Annual Business Meeting. A briefing on the proposed amendments to the platform will be held in a virtual meeting on Thursday, Oct. 22, at 6:30 p.m.
If you have questions on the materials or proposed changes, contact Renee Gibson at (614) 540-4000 or (800) 589-OSBA.