Resources for schools participating in the Student Achievement Fair
Thank you for participating in the Student Achievement Fair at the 2023 OSBA Capital Conference and Trade Show. We are excited to showcase the achievements of you and your students. This event is Monday, Nov. 13, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- When you arrive at the Greater Columbus Convention Center (GCCC), please proceed to loading dock 19 in the back of Trade Show Hall B to check in at the Student Achievement Fair Registration. At check in, you’ll receive one parking pass and directions to parking locations.
Registration and name badges
Please send name of the students and teacher who will be in attendance at the fair to Amanda Husmann at email@example.com by Friday, Oct. 6. Name badges will be prepared and available on-site at the Student Achievement Fair Registration.
- Each booth is limited to five students and two adults. If additional people are necessary, arrange to work in shifts to avoid crowding the display area.
- Your exhibit must be fully open and properly staffed during the specified exhibit hours. Tear-down prior to 2 p.m. may result in your school not being able to participate in future years.
- If you have parents visiting for a portion of the day, they must register at OSBA’s Capital Conference Registration in the main concourse as a guest or come in with the students through the dock door for registration and entry into the SAF; parking passes are not available for parents.
- Students must be adequately supervised at all times. STAFF AND STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED INSIDE THE VENDORS’ TRADE SHOW, WHICH IS STAGED NEXT TO THE STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT FAIR. The trade show is for convention registrants only.
- Lunch will be available to purchase in the SAF Hall. Please plan for students or the district to bring a credit card as GCCC is cashless. Seating is available in the SAF Hall.
Arriving at the Student Achievement Fair
- Please plan to arrive between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. at Dock Door #19 at the back of the Columbus Convention Center.
- Parking passes and maps will be given to you at Student Achievement Fair Registration right inside the dock door, so plan to have your driver wait until you can return with this information for their use. Parking information is available at https://columbusconventions.com/park/directions-and-parking/.
- An OSBA Capital Conference shuttle service runs every half hour from the East Surface Lot to the GCCC connector. This service is free.
- Your booth number will be given to you with a packet of name badges and a program upon arrival.
- The booths are 10’ x 10’. The half sides and full back are a pipe and drape configuration so only lightweight items can be hung on the curtains.
- There will be signage above your booth with the name of your school district and the title of your display. The conference decorators create the signage in advance for consistency of presentation.
- Each booth will have a draped 8’ table and two chairs. You are permitted to bring additional chairs with you into the convention center.
- Electricity is provided in each booth. If you’re bringing computer equipment, please be sure to bring electrical strips and any connecting wiring or cable with you. They will not be available at the fair.
- Internet or WI-FI access is NOT available free of charge. It may be purchased directly from the convention center online at a daily rate $80 per day.
- Per convention center guidelines, no food, drinks or candy can be distributed at your booth without completing the required application form. Please contact Amanda Husmann (firstname.lastname@example.org) if your program is interested in this.
Student Achievement Fair performing group schedule
- 10:15 a.m. Crooksville EV — Crooksville High School Marching Band (Southeast Region)
- 10:35 a.m. Miami Trace Local (Fayette) — The Soundsations (Central Region)
- 10:55 a.m. Findlay City — Findlay First Edition (Northwest Region)
- 11:15 a.m. Dayton City — Stivers High School for the Arts Jazz Band (Southwest Region)
- Noon East Muskingum Local (Muskingum) — John Glenn High School String Sounds (Southeast Region)
- 12:20 p.m. Springfield Local (Summit) — Springfield Sparkles Inclusive Cheer (Northeast Region)
- 12:40 p.m. Benjamin Logan Local (Logan) — Benjamin Logan Local High School Jazz Band (Southwest Region)
- 1 p.m. Twinsburg City — Great Expectations Show Choir (Northeast Region)
- Share your experience on social media! The conference Twitter hashtag is #OSBACC. OSBA’s Facebook page is facebook.com/OHSchoolBoards. OSBA’s Twitter and Instagram handle is @ohschoolboards.
- If you have other questions, contact Amanda Husmann (email@example.com) or Kim Miller-Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) at (614) 540-4000 if you have questions.